For Aron: First of a trio of questions

>> Tuesday, June 16, 2009


Aron said: I think I ticked off Dr. David Livingston of The Space Show. I couldn't stay in contact during AP testing and I promised to talk about the podcast episodes. I've been to scared to e-mail him. What do I do?

Well, if I was in your position...

I'd email him. The worst that can happen is he is too angry to respond. You're no worse off now imagining his ire than knowing it's real. And, if he responds, at all, even if he's miffed, you have an opportunity to rectify things. Since I'm the one at fault, though, it's really up to me to make things right, especially if this is a relationship I treasure.

I am, however, a straightforward person. Given that there are bunches of interesting people out there, perhaps others have some good advice that didn't occur to me.

4 comments:

  • Aron Sora
     

    I guess I am just making excuses. I suck at the social part of life, I can do any academic task, but get me to talk to other people about my work and I mess it up. I'll e-mail him tomorrow and tell you how it goes.

  • JD at I Do Things
     

    I agree: the straightforward approach is best. We're only human. Just tell him what you told us. If he's a friend worth keeping, he'll understand. Like Stephanie said,you'e no worse off.

  • Dr. Cheryl Carvajal
     

    I'm constantly amazed at how easy going people are... I keep thinking something I did set them off, and in reality they are far less irritated than I imagine. I have to be straightforward or my imagination will drive me crazy. I look forward to finding out how it goes for you, Aron!

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    Well, and there you go. I was sure Shakespeare would have different advice, but, she's right. People really are much more reasonable than we suspect most of the time...if we just give them a chance.

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations