For Aron: College Admissions

>> Wednesday, June 16, 2010


Aron asked: My sister is applying to college next school year, what can I do to help her?

Well, it depends on what she's done.

First, I'd think about what you did when you were getting ready for college. Does she have all her testing, SATs and ACTs? They can make a big difference. I know both of those tests were key to getting my scholarships and entree into good schools.

Secondly, she should do her research. What is she interested in pursuing? What features is she looking for in a good school. Knowing what schools she interested in can help her focus on what she needs to do to prepare.

Aside from that, well, I don't know. That's all I did, but I was going to a local school. Here's some more advice here.

As for your part in it all, be as supportive as you can, especially if the whole process makes her a little nuts.

1 comments:

  • Aron Sora
     

    yea, but I feel my analytical college admissions thinking isn't helping her, but I want to supportive, I try answering her questions, but I feel her stress levels raise, I feel so bad...

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations