>> Sunday, May 17, 2009
If Lola hadn't had a meme to steal, I'd be all out of things to write about on this blog. Questions, I need questions. Or my blog will die... So, pull out those tarot questions for/about kids or pets. As about science questions on your kids' homework that stumped you. Ask about science, nature, family, whatever, and, if I don't know, history says someone will come forward who does.
In the meantime, check out this lovely meme I found on Lola's Diner.
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Credit cards. I know it's stupid to have any left to hang over me.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
We clearly need another one. Neither of us can remember.
3. How many colleges did you attend?
4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It's funny: "BOMB TECHNICIAN: If you see me running, try to keep up!"
5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
We don't do alarms on the weekend. Thank Heaven. Though everyone was unusually up before eight.
6. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
What do I have to do tomorrow?
7. What do you miss being a child?
Nothing. I'm not sure I ever really was a child.
8. What errand/chore do you despise?
Trying to think of one I don't despise...I hate cleaning the bathrooms, not that I have to often. Lee is never satisfied with how I do them.
9. Have you found real love yet?
10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Baby girl clothes. They're just so cute.
11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No. Lee does, though. He only went through it for me.
12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Warren Buffett. He seems like a card and I respect many of his attitudes.
13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No, but I've done real fire extinguishing training with a fire extinguisher and a real fire house. Never HAD to use them though.
14. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
Sequoia National Forest and Big Sur.
15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
16. Do you have a “go to” person?
It depends on the subject. I actually have several "go to" people, though I'm more often the "go to" person than needing one.
17. Are you where you want to be in life?
I'm in pretty good shape, but there are a few things that could be better.
18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most?
19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
20. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Not really, but I have more silly fun now than I ever did.
21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
I have no idea; I wasn't invited.
22. Who do you think impacted your life the most?
There are a number of people can't imagine my life without: Sue, my father, my children, my college roommate, certain teachers, my sister, some excellent friends, my husband. And some with some ugly impacts. Who can tell what I'd be without any one of them?
23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
9th grade English, Mr. Haynes (now sadly deceased).
24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”?
Yes, frequently. My daughter is certain her life is harder than it's ever been for anyone else. (She has to walk home from school!)
25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult?
When my daughter got pneumonia at four months old.
26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married?
Don't settle. If you can't imagine your life without him/her, if they make you happy to be around, you're doing the right thing. If not, wait.
27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job?
Make sure you're worth the money; always do the right thing; never sell out your integrity.
28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be?
I would have left my ex-husband sooner.
29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be?
I wish we'd never started the wars in the Middle East.
Remember folks, I'm looking for questions!