I stole this meme from Lola's Diner, Part 2

>> Monday, May 11, 2009

Yep, and here's part 2. Lola's answers can be found here.

21. A better name for me would be:
Cassandra. If there's something no one likes, it's a soothsayer who won't shut up and is unfailingly honest.

22. I have a hard time understanding:
Intolerance. Why does everyone have to live their lives the way you think they should? Why are so many determined to make everyone see things they do? Diversity is WONDERFUL.

23. If I ever go back to school, I'll:
HAHAHAHAHA. Good luck with that. School is so much work and I have a family to support.

24. You know I like you if:
I'm willing to tease you. I'm always unfailing polite to people I don't like.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I'd thank would be:
Depends on the award. Different people have helped with different aspects of my life.
26. When I compare 80's rock to to 90's rock:
I doubt I could name 10 90's rock songs. So, I guess I favor 80's rock.

27. Take my advice, never:
Work for Krug Life Sciences (now Wyle), blog for Today.com or marry my ex-husband. Also, never let anyone else's expectations determine who and what you are.

28. My ideal breakfast is:
I generally eat several boiled eggs which isn't too bad. I don't know that I have a favorite breakfast.

29. A song I love, but do not own is:
The Highwayman, by the 3 D's.

30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest:
Only bringing cash you can afford to lose. Also, there are some great amateur places near there to rock climb (Valley of Fire, Red Rock Canyon). I grew up in eight different states, but Las Vegas is where I liked living best.

31. My favorite Beatle is:
Paul, since he was the closest to one who could actually sing.

32. Why won't people:
Mind their own business? Who cares about the private lives of actors and singers? Why should we care or demand to know? Clean your own house and don't worry about everyone else.
33. If you spend the night at my house:
Be on the lookout for baby toys. Roxy's busy in a moving stuff from one place to another kick.

34. I'd stop my wedding for:
A kid or vomit. Kids, because they often need attention right now. Vomit because that seriously breaks the mood.
35. The world could do without:
War.

36. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than:
Hurt someone else unnecessarily. Even a stranger.
37. My favorite blond(e) is:
My husband, my son and my sister. OK, so I couldn't pick just one.

38. Paper clips are more useful than:
Gem quality rubies and diamonds, but they look stupid in a ring.

39. If I do anything well, it's:
Likely why I'm doing it. I hate looking stupid doing things I do poorly.

40. And by the way:
This was fun. You should try it.

6 comments:

  • Dr. Cheryl Carvajal
     

    Boy, you are surrounded by blond(e)s, aren't you?

    Cool answers. Maybe I should try one of these on my own. Most of these kinds of things have pretty lame questions. This is the exception.

  • Roy
     

    Cassandra. If there's something no one likes, it's a soothsayer who won't shut up and is unfailingly honest.And right; don't forget that part. The Trojans knew damned well they shouldn't trust the Greeks and that there was something fishy about that big wooden horse. But the truth didn't fit their agenda, so they ignored it. And I know that'll ring bells with you!

  • flit
     

    it is a very interesting meme...perhaps I'll try it too

  • Davida
     

    Completely with you on #22 and #39... Scared of #24 :)

    Davida

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    Shakespeare, I am surrounded by blondes, but, hey, I'm openminded. After all, I grew up with them.

    Roy, it does indeed. I've actually considered seriously legally changing my name if only so my daughter doesn't have to go through life as "little Stephanie". Cassandra seems like the obvious choice.

    flit, it was fun. You should try it (as should Shakespeare).

    Davida, it's harder to tease in cyberspace unless you happen across a pre-sarcastic/humor blog. Too easy for those teasing subtleties to get lost. Don't worry, I like you just fine.

  • Dr. Cheryl Carvajal
     

    Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will.

    But first I need to go to cardio kickboxing. I'll post it this afternoon...

    Oh, and BTW, I have my own name: Rachel. I've considered using it for writing. Besides, if I were named Rachel, then Richard and I would match as a couple (at least in name)...pretty cool, huh?

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations