I Stole This Meme from Lola's Diner Part 1

>> Sunday, May 10, 2009

And I'm not sorry I did. (You can see Lola's answers here).

1. My uncle once:
told me about a fusion reactor he was planning to design to provide free energy all over the world from a satellite. But I haven't heard anything from this uncle in decades. Literally.

2. Never in my life:
Wow, this list is long. Among the things I do not do is jump from a height. Ever. No high diving, no skydiving, no bungee jumping, no rides where I end up in free fall. If I was in a burning plane, I'd probably go down with it.

3. When I was seventeen:
I was starting college, desperate not to be hated, awkward, too smart for my own good. Really, I'm surprised no one tattooed the word "dork" on my forehead. Oh, and males of my acquaintance avoided me like the plague.

4. High School was:
Frustrating in some ways. The same things that applied to college applied to high school, but I had managed to get some friends when I lived in Las Vegas and went through a period of time where I was more than "the smart kid from out of town". Then, my senior year of high school, my parents moved from Las Vegas NV to Ada OK. Need I say more?

5. I will never forget:
The way I felt when I realized Lee was the one.

6. I once met:
Actually, I've met a number of astronauts, including a couple of Apollo astronauts. And I've gotten to know several more. I'm very lucky.

7. There's this girl I know who:
gave female engineers a bad name. She was unable to take criticism, unable to listen to others if they were male or a "lowly" technician and her work reflected her limited scope.

8. Once, at a bar:
I picked up my husband who was enjoying his first night at a bar. He was pretty happy and sloppy affectionate. It was also my only time at a bar.

9. By noon, I'm usually:
Through with my early morning work. Really, my life is pretty boring before noon.

10. Last night:
I blogged and watched Netflix with my husband.
11. If only I had:
Left my first husband when my daughter was first born.

12. Next time I go to gym/church:
I have no idea. I don't frequent either.

13. Susan Boyle:
I think she has a lovely voice, but I don't understand the big deal. Only an idiot thinks the way someone looks can tell you everything about them. Also, talent comes in all kinds of unexpected packages. Judging before you know someone - stupid.

14. What worries me most:
My daughter. She's so unhappy at her father's house, feeling outside and marginalized, but I feel helpless to help her.

15. When I turn my head left, I see:
The master bath in serious need of cleaning.
16. When I turn my head right, I see:
My baby girl and my husband, two of the loves of my life. I'm sure there's some more mess, but who can see past that?

17. You know I'm lying when:
Lying is not something I generally do, especially to people I love. But, on those very very rare instances when I lie, you'll have no idea. I don't do it lightly.

18. What I miss most about the eighties:
The music. Don't hate me! (Seriously, stop throwing things!)
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I'd be:
Viola comes to mind, but I can't for the life of me tell you why.

20. By this time next year:
I'm hoping the inside of the house will be effectively done (except kitchen/bathroom remodels) and we'll be redoing outside.

More on part two. A meme of 40 is pretty frickin' long.

3 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations