Someone Loves Me

>> Monday, April 20, 2009


Woohoo, another award. Man, I'm hot.

Although, living in Houston, that's not unusual.

In this case, a charming blog called Got Quads? about a mother and her adventures with her darling little quadruplets passed the "Let's Be Friends" award on to me. Really, I'm desperately flattered.

[UPDATE: I'm also a ditz - squared. Quadmama's blog is Got Quads (and I'd forgotten the link) and she was right - Oldwestmom of Forever Family also gave me this award on March 18. Ack! I'm so sorry I didn't acknowledge it in the midst of my move! Sorry, oldwestmom and quadmama!]

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to those bloggers who then may choose at least 5 more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.


Of course, the hard part about awards like this is picking just five superlative blogs to pinpoint. Really, it's all but impossible. After more than six months in the blogosphere I've been inundated with clever, charming, funny and/or remarkable blogs. How to pick just five?

*Sigh*

So, I'm going to go this time by pointing out five blogs I've found rather recently that nearly always induce me to comment because I find them charming (albeit sometimes in off-nominal ways). Sometimes they make me think. Sometimes they make me laugh. Always, I'm enticed to read. These five are NOT the extent of the charming blogs I know, by any stretch, but they are a worthwhile read. And I'd be honored if they'd be friends with me.

Observations of a Nerd

Clarity 2009
Predator Press (I know it's been around a while, but I've just really gotten involved)
Occult View
Blanca DeBree Blog (so I find excessive sarcasm charming. Sue me.)

Now I'll notify all the lucky recipients so that they can laugh at me for my presumption. Have a good one. And believe me, if you're in my blog catalog favorites or my blog list, I'm a fan. Seriously.

8 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations