Love for Anonymous?

>> Sunday, April 5, 2009

hearts_clipart_love.gifAnonymous says: I have a question for the cards about my relationship. I’ve been dating the same guy for seven years and I’m just not sure if we should continue. I love him very much, but we’re very different and I just don’t know what the future holds for us.

By now, I hope you all know the drill. And, remember, a remote tarot reading by someone you’ve never met: not the best way to rule your life. Since I don’t know anything about you, anonymous, I’m flying kind of blind on interpreting the cards. They could be referring to you or to your boyfriend or the situation; I will use my best judgment to try to discern what they mean but your own understanding may give you a better feel.

XI Strength (reversed) - I’m assuming this indicates some potential issues in your relationship. Meanings for this card in the reversed position include overbearingness, discord, weakness, crossed signal, mixed messages. The two could even combine in that an inability to communicate effectively may lead to discord or the perception of tyranny or weakness. In either case, there is clearly some dissatisfaction in where you are now.

Page of Coins or Pentacles (reversed) - Again, more traits. It’s not clear if they are actual traits or perceptions one of you has about the other: adulterous, wasteful, deceitful, boastful, out-of-touch with values. The card says that the future is unclear, but it is clear that this is not a healthy basis for a romantic future. If these are legitimate traits, your future is not so good. If they are perceptions (on your part or your potential mate’s), they must be resolved before any real future is possible.

Queen of Wands - Ah, a more complimentary card. This is definitely a feminine card and indicates, assuming you’re female, traits any woman would be proud to have: loving, outgoing, poised,understanding…charming.

OK, here’s what I’m reading. Either he or you have a perception of some pretty unhappy traits, differences beyond the small things that make a relationship really work, differences in your core values, what you believe in, what kind of people you want to be. In order to know if this relationship has a future, you will have to determine if these perceptions reflect reality; however, if the one who is perceiving is your partner, the cards are adamant that you are honest and true, charming and capable. In that case, he will have to overcome these perceptions or the relationship has little chance for success. If, however, they reflect your concerns about him, and I think this is what the cards are saying, you’ll have to decide if they are reflections in reality. If they are reality (and I suspect you know if they are), this is not the relationship for you.

Let me see if they can tell me if the traits called out are reality (though I think you’ll know):

Three of Cups (reversed) - deception, disappointment, doubt, laziness, addiction…someone moving away and a growing apart. I’m sorry. The cards do not seem hopeful about your current relationship.

I will ask what else the future holds if you stay:

Six of Swords (reversed) - delayed journey, sorrow, disappointment, arrogance, egoism that you feel you can’t escape.

And if you move away:

X Wheel of Fortune - This card indicates an ending, but also an advancement for better or worse. It’s a card of destiny, of inevitability, and generally of good fortune: success, happiness, evolution and movement instead of stagnation.

They’re just cards. It is your life and your decision, but the cards seem to think you’d find more success and happiness on a different path. I’m sorry.

6 Responses to “Love for Anonymous?”

  1. fliton 21 Mar 2009 at 7:50 pm edit this

    hmph! Those cards give everyone but me much clearer answers! Not necessarily the answers one wants… but at least they are pretty clear.

  2. stephanieebarron 21 Mar 2009 at 8:04 pm edit this

    I don’t know what to tell you, flit. Sorry. The cards do the same thing to me if I try read my own fortune.

  3. 100indecisionson 21 Mar 2009 at 9:59 pm edit this

    Got a somewhat odd question for the Tarot Queen–I’d like to know more about the deck itself rather than a reading. Basically I’d like to create a Tarot-like system of fortunetelling for a sci-fi novel I’m working on, but to do that I should probably understand some of the symbolism in existing Tarot decks, how they’re interpreted, what some of the standard cards are, that kind of thing. I can probably find out some of this myself, but I’m interested in a take on it from someone who’s actually done some readings.

  4. stephanieebarron 21 Mar 2009 at 10:04 pm edit this

    I can do that. Interestingly enough, I only found out about tarot and started to play around with it so I could write some short stories using it as a motif. They’re not done, but I’ve got three written.

    I’ll write up what I know (another “self taught” thing so bear that in mind) tomorrow. Great question, though.

  5. JD at I Do Thingson 22 Mar 2009 at 7:37 am edit this

    Dear Tarot Queen/Sympathetic Ear: I have chronic back pain from scoliosis. Five days ago, I started having worse-than-usual pain. As far as I know, I didn’t do anything specific that would bring about the pain. I’m spinning my wheels on what to do, because I just can’t be objective about my pain. If I seek help, I feel like I’m complaining. I keep saying, one more day. If it’s not better, I’ll do something.

    Can you see anything? Should I just ride it out? Go to the doctor? I don’t know why this is so hard for me.

    Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations