Call for Questions

>> Monday, April 13, 2009

OK, I know I haven't answered Shakespeare and I haven't sung yet for JD. But I'm writing a post anyway, a short one.

See, Shakespeare's question is a good one and, truth told, I'm not sure what the answer is. By the time I've figured out what methods are most effective for building traffic, assuming I ever figure that out, she'll be bored or putting her kids through college or something. So, if anyone's got some advice I can compile for Shakespeare, that would be great.

(And, Shakespeare, I know I owe your novel chapters a read. For those that missed it, my sister, Shakespeare, novel chapters made it as one of the 500 quarterfinalists for Amazon.com's breakthrough novel contest, so do check it out! Unfortunately, there's only until April 15th, so hurry! I'll do the same!)

Anyway, I'm looking for feedback for Shakespeare, like the hints judemiller got for her question on putting a picture in the middle of a post.

I'm also looking for some more good questions. I've had several humdingers, several thought provoking questions, several that really made me do some research. So, what else do you want to know? Want to know more about the human spaceflight programs? More about what to do in a social situation? Want a tarot reading? It's what I'm here for.

Let me have it.

7 comments:

  • Aron Sora
     

    I can't write a good blog post! I don't know why, but the last 7 or so posts I wrote have been so bad that I scraped them. I sit down and try to write, but what comes out on "paper" I'm not happy with. Maybe I'm being a perfectionist, but what I write now seems to be at a lower quality then what I wrote before. Help, please. I have 2 hours a day scheduled to blogging, one hour for writing, one hour for community efforts. But, even if I spend two hours on a post, they still reek.

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    Aron, I think we have the same problem. It's a very worthwhile question and I'll be thinking about it all day so I can give you a good answer tonight.

    I've been missing your posts so maybe we can work it out together.

  • Patricia Rockwell
     

    Is there anything a mother can do to get her two adult children (one male age 38 and one female age 25) to even consider getting married and producing grandchildren (preferably in that order) without appearing pushy? And no, neither one of them has a significant other at the moment or seemingly any interest in finding one. And yes, their happiness is the most important thing. Just looking for suggestions.

  • Aron Sora
     

    I'll try just publishing a clean version of one of my drafts, but they are not where I want them to be.

  • Phyl
     

    Ah, Patricia -- now I'm remembering all those times when my mom (and, admittedly, my friends too), told me they'd found the "perfect man for me." And when I met him, he was usually so crashingly boring that I wanted to run screaming from the room. I kept thinking, "Is this the way my friends and relatives REALLY think I am??"

    Ahem. It's just probably not going to happen until it happens, I'm afraid.

  • Ian Thorpe
     

    Hi Steph,
    Good blog and much more attractively packaged than gather. Almost as atractively packaged as its owner in fact (admit it, you really missed my English charm.)

    Shakespeare wants to know about traffic building? Phew, I'd need a book - and there are big changes going on in Google's ranking system just now anyway.

    Two things: very important is to have one or more words from the html/xmt/php etc. page title in your link text when linking so "(****//)askthers.blogspot.com/2009/04/call-for-questions.html" would do well from links with one or more words from call for questions in the link text (the words that appear usually in blue on the page not the enclosing html code)

    And you need keywords that are going to be used in search criteria in that page title too. No catchy titles with Google, things really have to be spelled out.

    Other than that a good resource for tips is Web Pro World where lots of tips on design and search engine optimisation can be found every day.

  • Stephanie Barr
     

    Ian, I did indeed miss your charm (and your snark). Do come back any time and I'll add your site to my blogroll.

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations