Patricia and Gadgets

>> Friday, July 31, 2009

Patricia asked: I have a technology question. Do you think we will see the computer, the television, and the cell phone combined into one device in the near future? If so, how far?

Ah, yes.

How soon?

Yesterday...

Check out this and this and this and this.

The question isn't really if we'll see it but what seeing it would buy us? I can play videos on my $100 phone. I can play mp3s. I can surf the internet. I can calculate tips, and schedule things. I can check my email. If I need more functionality, I can get it for only a couple hundred more, including writing files and updating my blog, etc.

What else do I need? Well, if there's something, chances are the Japanese already have it. But, my mind boggles at what it could be.

7 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations