For Aron: Is It Hopeless?

>> Wednesday, July 8, 2009


Aron said: A while ago, I applied for the NASA-MUST scholarship. In addition to money for college, NASA gave the winners an internship. I didn't get in the program, does this mean that I do not have a shot to intern with NASA? I would love to intern and work at NASA someday.

Um, no. Things are pretty tight at the moment at NASA and, truthfully, there's a lot of competition. However, I don't think this is the only way in.

There are a number of ways to get in early: internships come up frequently through NASA proper, but it's not the only option. You can also check with specific centers for center specific internships (Here's one for Glenn). Also some contractors also provide internships (United Space Alliance, Lockheed Martin, and Boeing are probably the big contractors, but there are a number of smaller companies like Hamilton Sundstrand).

Something else you could pursue include internships with some of the commercial developers like Bigelow Aerospace (who is working on an inflatable space hotel).

I wouldn't give up too soon.

3 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations